Sifton Properties Limited
In 1923, Harry Sifton built his first house at 587 Rosedale Avenue in London, where it still stands today. His introduction of building several homes at one time on speculation proved so popular that from 1940 to 1948 construction grew steadily to 20 homes a year.
Five hundred houses later, he passed the torch to his son, Mowbray. Under this new leadership the company began assembling large tracts of land, positioning Sifton Properties for a full scale foray into land development and diversified construction.
Through innovation in design, forms of housing and material usage, Sifton remains at the forefront of the home construction industry. This spirit of innovation remains today, and has enabled Sifton to diversify into office construction and leasing; retail construction and leasing; industrial construction and leasing; residential rental accommodation, including apartment rentals and townhome rentals; retirement living communities and property management.